WG Dixon (Pty) Ltd is a leading provider of Electrical and Electrical Engineering services in the greater Cape Town region of South Africa, meeting and exceeding the needs of both the public and private sectors.
- W.G. Dixon Electrical is a family run business established in 1952.
- We are committed to delivering service excellence.
- We put our clients need and requests first.
- We operate under strong family values.
- Our staff are continually trained to offer the highest administrative technical expertise.
- The materials used on our project are of the highest quality and to SABS standard
- We have all legislation in place and are members of the Electrical Contracting Board and Electrical Contractors Association.
- We are committed to the highest Health and Safety Standards.
- The Directors of W.G. Dixon are committed to maintain and continually
improve on our quality management system and to ensure that all necessary policies are always in place such as Health and Safety, Environmental, Power Conservation, Social Responsibility and Employment Equity.
Our activities are not confined to business interests only – social investment is a fundamental part of WG Dixon’s business plan.
Our business culture, goals and activities are founded on concept and pursuit of sustainable development. WG Dixon is committed to meaningful and sustainable social responsibility partnerships and adheres, with great sensitivity, to the economic and social needs of all South African’s.
Community investment includes charitable donations, staff time and skills, as well as donations in kind.
Our most popular links tend to be with educational institutions and with
charities. We believed that all businesses have influence, or power, in their community – and also in their own success.
WG Dixon therefore committing itself, not only to grow its business and be profitable, but also to contribute meaningfully to the ongoing transformation of South Africa.
Social Responsibility Policy and Strategy
WG Dixon’s Social Responsibility Plan is guided by the policies and strategies listed below:-
- Needs–driven programme, including consultation
- Building partnership with other companies
- Contribution in kind
- Staff participation in every aspect of Social Responsibility plan.
- Budget and mobilization of other resources.
- WG Dixon will ensure the programme is in keeping with its business objectives.
- Building partnership.
- Investing in communities.
- Consultation with the community.
- Developing an Employee Community Involvement Programme.
- Building flagship initiation in order to refine the programme.
- Exploration of educational / community to promote Electrical Contraction, Electrical Engineering and Electrical Draughting skills.
- Career opportunities facilitated by the above.
- Provide a combination of mentorship and bursaries to support the above.
Current Social Responsibility Activities
- WG Dixon’s exposure to learners, which is supported by the site visits, is arranged as part of career path selection for Learners.
Past and Current Achievements
- Fun day for SOS Children’s Village held at Wallace Boon Oval, Victoria Road, Plumstead.
- “Lets Fix It” project for Aunty Rosie’s Safe Home for Destitute Children.
- Christmas Lights & Pantomime for children of Marsh Memorial Homes.
- Donations to SOS Children’s home.
- Donations to Hospice.
- Donations to Marsh Memorial Homes.
- Donations to CCFM.
- Electrical work for St Georges Cathedral.
- Donations to NSRI
- Donations to SPCA
- Electrical work for a paraplegic through Smile 90.4 fm
Practical Orientation to Electrical Contracting and Engineering
- WG Dixon intends sponsoring Open Days for formally disadvantaged communities. Community Upliftment
Contribution to community upliftment will be done through community investment activities.
Long Term Plans
- Job facilitation.
- Bursary programmes.
- Social investment.
- Education programmes.
- Free consulting services.